This mural depicts Guy Weadick’s hopes for The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth.
Did You Know?
- Guy Weadick was an American, born in Rochester, NY IN 1885
- Guy left home to pursue the cowboy life, joining the Miller Brothers Wild West Show where he learned the ropes of showmanship
- Guy met his wife, Flora La Due, on the Vaudeville circuit. She was a trick rider
- When the Miller Show performed for the Dominion Exhibition in Calgary in 1908, Guy began to dream about staging a large frontier days celebration and cowboy championship contest
- Guy returned to Calgary in 1912, and with backing from the Big Four, the Calgary Stampede was founded. He went on to lead it for 20 years.
- Guy attended the Stampede in 1952 and appeared in the parade. He died the next year.